David Watts was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. David attended Osler Elementary, Hamber Secondary, Langara College and the University of British Columbia where he received his Bachelor of Commerce in 1995. David began the Notary Public Education Program in 2004. David Watts completed the program, receiving his Commission to begin practice as a Notary Public in 2006 and received the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia’s “BDO Dunwoody Award” in recognition of receiving the most consistent marks in all subjects during the Notary Education Program and the Notarial Statutory Examinations”.
David has been a director of the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia since September 2011 and continues to serve on several committies.
David Watts Notary Corporation has been voted as “Best Lawyer/Notary to use when Buying/Selling Real Estate” in the Georgia Straight’s Best of Vancouver for the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013 and 2014.
- Provide Notary Public Services emphasizing Excellent Customer Services, as Efficiently as possible; and maintaining Green Practice whereever possible on a Cost Competitive Basis.
- Successfully completed B Comm. at UBC major in Urban Land Economics
- Received Award for Most Consistent Marks in All Subjects during Notary Education program and Notarial Statutory Exams for my year
- Nov 2007 – received designation as CSA – Certified Seniors Advisor
- Sept 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 – received Best Choice (1st Place)- Georgia Straight – Best of Vancouver Award - Lawyer/ Notary to use when Buying or Selling Real Estate
- Selected by BC Notaries Society to be a mentor for new Notaries.
- Membership – Real Estate Institute of British Columbia
- People Law School – Board of Directors (2008-2012)
- Vancouver Executive Association – Board of Directors (2009-2011)
Elected to Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia – Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Business Development Committee
- Legislation & By Law Committee
- Membership Committee
- Public Relations Committee (Chair)
- Ad Hoc Audit Committee
- Government Relations Committee
- Insurance Committee
- Growing my business
- Nutrition and wellness
- Hockey, skiing, golf
- BNI All Stars
- Hockey Teams – Wild & Motley Crew
- Vancouver Executive Association (VanEx)
- Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia
- Problem solving, delegating and multi-tasking are my main tools.
- I try to concentrate on “active listening” when engaging people.
- I have a lot of practical experience.
- Surround myself with excellent people helps me to move forward effectively